About Yewa Central College of Education, Ogun State
While there is already enough evidence to support the claim that the educational sector in Nigeria is experiencing a nosedive, this institution of higher learning was established to breed a new generation of teachers and educationists in the country.
Yewa Central College of Education which was established almost fifteen (15) years ago is a pinnacle for college education in Oyo State. Professor D.O Bamgbose, the provost of the institution, has assembled a hardworking team of lecturers and non-academic staff who keep producing hundreds of graduates annually.
It is located in the ancient city of Abeokuta, in Ogun state which is home to the world-famous Olumo Rock.
Yewa Central College of Education has a stable academic calendar, and it is one of the best colleges of education around.
Another factor crucial to the success of Yewa Central College of Education is the availability of modern day facilities that lessen the burden of lecturing on the lecturers and makes learning a pleasurable experience for students. The school has five (5) schools prospective students can enroll in, and they are as follows:
- School of General Education
- School of Early Childhood Care Education
- School of vocational and technical education
- School of Arts and Social Science
- School of Sciences – houses the Department of Mathematics, Department of Computer Sciences and the Department of natural sciences.
- School of Languages
At Yewa central college of Education, Abeokuta prospective students can apply for one of the three (3) classes of programmes
- Pre-NCE/UTME Intensive Teaching Programme
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) programme (Full Time)
- Part Time Program (For people with other engagements and jobs)
The school has three separate campuses; the new campus, the old campus and the main campus.