About Taraba State University, Jalingo
Taraba State University, Jalingo is a state-owned tertiary institution. The school is owned by the government of Taraba state, and it was founded in 2008.
The school was created with the sole aim of making University education accessible to indigenes of Taraba state who have found it a little bit difficult to access quality tertiary education.
The motto of the institution is “harnessing nature’s gift,” and the university management focuses on research and manpower development. The Vice-Chancellor of the school, Professor Vincent Ado Tenebe, a Professor of Agronomy is the administrative head of the university, and he is in charge of all administrative matters.
Professor Joseph Sule Rishante (Deputy Vice Chancellor Administration), Professor Bakari Aliyu (Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic), Dr. Lucas J.M, Hon. Felak Victor (Registrar). There are six (6) faculties in Taraba State University, namely:
- Faculty of Agriculture – Departments include Agronomy, Animal Science, Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences – Departments include Sociology, Public Administration, Accountancy, Business Administration, Economics, Geography, Mass Communications, Political Science and International Relations,
- Faculty of Arts – Departments include Language and Statistics, Religious Studies, History and Archeology.
- Faculty of Education – Departments include Educational Foundation, Science Education, Arts and Social Science Education
- Faculty of Engineering – Departments include Agricultural and Bio-Resource Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering, Civil and Water Resources Engineering
- Faculty of Science – Departments include Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences
As with other Nigerian Universities, admission into Taraba State University is through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Also, the school offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree certification. Regarding infrastructure and facility, students of the school can testify to the fact that the management of the school has done everything to make life and learning easy for them.