About Gregory University, Uturu
Gregory University was founded in 2012 and it is a privately owned university named after Pope Gregory. Gregory University is one of several Christian universities in the country.
A friendly and conducive environment for learning, fully dedicated and well remunerated lecturers, no strikes, availability of e-learning facilities and e-library, zero tolerance for immorality and cultism, quick and timely release of examination results are some of the factors that distinguishes Gregory University from other institutions in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The motto of Gregory University is “Knowledge for Tomorrow”. The university has a governing council headed by Professor Moses Iwuala, the current vice chancellor.
Other notable members of the governing council include the deputy vice chancellor, registrar, bursar and librarian. Unlike other private schools in the country, Gregory University is very much affordable.
The school took-off in October 2012 with its first set of students after obtaining due license and operating permission from the Federal government through the NUC (National Universities Commission) earlier that same year. There are eight (8) colleges in Gregory University which are;
- College of Medicine and Health Sciences – Medicine and health sciences, Medicine and surgery, Human physiology, Medical biochemistry, Human anatomy
- College of Engineering – Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Computer engineering, Petroleum engineering, Electrical and Electronics engineering
- College of Law – Public and private law, Business and commercial law,
- College of Environmental Sciences – Quantity surveying, Estate management, Urban and regional planning, Surveying and Geo-informatic, Geology
- College of Agriculture – Agriculture, Hotel management and tourism
- College of Humanities – History and International studies, English language and literary studies, French and International studies, Theater and media studies, Linguistics and Communication studies
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Statistics, Computer science, Mathematics.
- College of Social and Management Sciences – Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, Political science, Sociology, Marketing, Mass communication
Fees Payable[googleapps domain="docs" dir="document/d/e/2PACX-1vQ1MydwYxDzJ8FdJteF9bHUui1f2kfv26vBkIptD0ctXD0wF0oDbii8kaWX8YFBGe8KJzN8pZDZWOJv/pub" query="embedded=true" width="100%" height="620" /]