About Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe State
The Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe was established in 1977 as National Technical Teachers College. The college is focused on producing top-notch teachers who are versed in technical, science and vocational studies. The institution which started running at its temporary site located in former Gombe Crafts School was later moved to the permanent site in 1996 (the move started in the year 1989).
The institution which is located on Ashaka road, Gombe is a fully autonomous institution which effected in the year 1990. The autonomy brought about the name change from National Technical Teachers College to Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe.
Academically, Federal College of Education (Technical), Gombe prepares students for future teaching roles by inculcating the right morals and having them prepped up to become teachers with the National Certificate in Education (NCE) awarded them. NCE programme is a three-year programme which at the end of the programme if a prospective teacher and current student satisfy the laid down academic requirements would be awarded the National Certificate in Education. However, students who were hindered from receiving the certificate by one problem or another are given two years grace to sort out these problems.
Federal College of Education, Gombe has six schools which prospective students are admitted into, they are:
- School of Education: Students admitted into the school of education receive lectures for theoretical courses in Education.
- School of Primary Education Studies (PES): Students are trained to become excellent primary school teachers with full knowledge of the current primary school curriculum.
- School of Technical Education: This is for students interested in acquiring NCE in Electronic/Electrical, Woodwork, Automobile Technology, Building Technology and Metalwork technology.
- School of Vocational Studies: This school is designed to train future teachers of vocational courses like home economics and agriculture.
- School of Business Studies: This school is for training teachers in courses which are business orientated, majorly accounting education and secretarial studies.
- School of Science: The school of science is ideal for students who need a touch of science for the future job. Students who would be going for NCE in any of the following courses – Physics, Mathematics, and Biology, integrated science, chemistry and computer education would find it useful.
Tuition is cheap and affordable going for less than 100,000 naira