About Delar College of Education, Oyo State
This is a privately owned college of education. At present, there are two campuses, one in Ibadan and the other in Ido-Ekiti, Ekiti State. The Ibadan campus of the school is the main campus while the other is the mini-campus.
Delar College of Education was established in March 1990, and it is a free-tuition institution of higher learning that offers varying programmes such as A-level/Pre-degree coaching and NCE certification.
This institution of higher learning is located in the ancient city of Ibadan, which is one of the largest cities on the continent of Africa. The leadership of this school has concentrated and is still concentrating efforts towards raising the next generation of quality educationist and teachers the country can boast of.
Although it is privately owned, the institution still boasts quite a number of students. Furthermore, the administration of the school holds a fervent belief in ICT as a tool for revolutionalizing the education sector.
Delar college of Education, Oyo employs the services of highly qualified lecturers who take the pain to explain course contents in details to students. Below is a list of some of the schools and colleges in the Delar college of Education.
- School of General Education – which is home to the Department of Education and Department of General Studies
- School of Early Childhood Care Education
- School of Primary Education
- School of Arts and Social Studies
- School of Sciences – houses the Department of Mathematics, Department of Computer Sciences and the Department of natural sciences.
- School of Languages – comprises of the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Nigerian Languages
Prospective students of this school can either apply to obtain an NCE (National Certificate of Education) or Pre-NCE degree.