ABOUT BOWEN UNIVERSITY (BU):
The institution that we know today as Bowen University has its roots in the family of late Thomas Jefferson Bowen.
Although Bowen University was established in 2001 and given license to operate in the same year, the efforts that eventually led to its establishment began as early as 1854 when the late Bowen established a school in Ijaiye Orile, a location in the present day Oyo State. With little time, the school had grown and scattered all over the country and became necessary everywhere there was a Baptist church (it was a Baptist school).
In 1938, as a result of the extraordinary growth of the Baptist school, the idea for the establishment of a university was conceived. It was not until 1956 that the proposal was submitted at the meeting of the Baptist Mission and the following year, the body worked tirelessly to ensure that the proposal was given the nod.
The Federal Government of Nigeria granted Bowen University the License to operate in 2001 via the mechanism of the National Universities Commission (NUC).
By November 2002, the university began academic activities and opened its gates to its first set of students numbering about 506 into three faculties;
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Science and Science Education
- Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
Bowen University today is the first Baptist University in all of West Africa, and so far, two faculties have been established and added to the original three; Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of Law, as well as the College of Health Sciences.
The university offers students with undergraduate, postgraduate and advanced level programs after a candidate has exhausted the stipulated number of years.
The university runs a top-down command system comprising of the Vice-Chancellor, registrar, bursar, Chaplain and the Librarian, in that order.
Note: * BBSF – Bowen Baptist Students Fellowship.
*BUPAF – Bowen University Parents Association Forum. Fund is directly payable to BUPAF at
CATEGORY D (OPTIONAL)
(1.) New Horizon – Computer and Information Technology Acquisition Skills – N20,000.00 per session is optional for 100, 300 and 400 Levels but compulsory for all students in
200 Level Students.
- Accounting Technician Scheme – N 40,000.00 per exam (For Accounting, Business Administration, Banking and Finance and Economics only. This is a voluntary professional programme).
- 3. Bowen University Jacket @ N10,000.00 and Sweat Shirt @ N6,500.00
PAYMENT INSTRUCTION FOR NEW STUDENTS
- For students in B.A. and B. Sc. Programmes, all Fees and Levies in B and C must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 300,000.00 must be paid from the Session Fees (A) in the First Semester before Registration.
- For students in the Law Faculty, all Fees and Levies in B and C must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 500,000.00 must be paid from the Session Fees (A) in the First Semester before Registration.
- For students in the Medicine and Surgery Department (Pre-clinical), all Fees and Levies in B and C must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 800,000.00 must be paid from the Session Fees (A) in the First Semester before Registration.
- For students in the Medicine and Surgery Department (Clinical), all Fees and Levies in B and C must be fully paid at the beginning of the first semester while a minimum of N 1,000,000.00 must be paid from the Session Fees (A) in the First Semester before Registration.
- The balance of the sessional fees is to be paid before 2nd-semester registration in February of the following year.
- All Students are required to registered for their semester courses within the first four weeks of
resumption. Late registration after four weeks attracts a penalty of N10,000.00.
NB: Registration for courses is contingent on full payment of the Semester prescribed fees and levies.
- Feeding shall be at approved Cafeterias for which students themselves “Pay As You Eat” (PAYE).
– All 200(Direct Entry) students are to pay through the Branch Collect System with the Skye Bank Plc.
( Just go online to http://www.bowenuniversity.edu.ng)
(1) Parents can pay the full sessional fees at once at the beginning of the session.
(2) Please note that other payment options are available on request, but additional administrative charges will apply.
Hope this information was helpful, you could help others by sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, Also, questions regarding BOWEN university school fees for new students could be asked via the comment section below and our team would be on hand to give a swift response.