ABOUT AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY (AKSU):
Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) is a government-owned and funded institution in Akwa Ibom State. The university was formerly located in the Akwa Ibom State Technology Triangle in the University town before the State Government involved itself in the activities of the institution and expanded it to become a multi-campus university having its main campus at Ikot Akpaden in Mkpat Enim Local Government Area. It has another campus at Obio Akpa, Oruk Anam Local Government Area.
The university was formerly concerned with Technology, and Applied Sciences and hence was called AKUTECH. However, due to the State Government’s aim of making it a conventional university that also focused on arts, the name was changed to Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU).
AKUTECH was established in 2000 by the then governor of Akwa Ibom State, Obong Victor Attah but the first students of the university were admitted in the 2010/2011 academic session.
Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) has about six faculties of wish the last one was incorporated to make it like every other conventional university.
Here is a list of the six faculties;
- Faculty of engineering
- Faculty of natural and applied sciences
- Faculty of agriculture
- Faculty of social and management sciences
- Faculty of education and
- Faculty of arts
The faculty of arts has three departments: English and Literary studies, Religious and International Studies and Performing arts.
Currently, the institution is sponsoring more than 60 of her faculty members for postgraduate training in prominent universities in Europe, Singapore, and North America.
However, the institution intends to spread its tentacles across continents like Asia and South America to increase and improve its human resources development.
|Indigenes||N53,000.00 per session|
|Non-indigenes||N73,000.00 per session|
- All first year students are expected to take the compulsory 5 (five) GSS (General Studies Courses). Therefore, they are to pay an extra N2, 500.00 (two thousand five hundred Naira) only, for the 5 (five) GSS courses @ N500.00 per GSS course.
- Other returning students who have GSS course(s) to register would pay according to the number of the GSS courses registered at (N500.00) only per GSS course.
Aksu School Fees Payment Procedure for Fresh Students:
(a) PAY@BANK OPTION
(1) Visit http://www.aksu.edu.ng from any internet access point (E.g. Cybercafés).
(2) Click on Student menu and select MAKE PAYMENT option. You will be redirected to http://portals.aksu.edu.ng
(3) Click on the link “REGISTER NOW” and select ADMISSION
(4) Enter your Jamb registration number and click the VERIFY button.
(5) Select the SCHOOL FEE button and click CONTINUE button.
(6) Select FULL PAYMENT
(7) Click on print button to print the Pre-Payment Analysis Slip.
(8) Click on MAKE PAYMENT button to make payment using the eTransact online payment platform.
(Note that the amount to be paid includes School fee, Course Registration fee for General Studies – GSS, as well as Bank Transaction charge)
(9) Select Pay AT BANK mode from the payment mode option menu.
(10) The list of banks supported on the platform appears, click the CONTINUE button to proceed.
11) An ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP containing your transactions details appears.
12) Click on PRINT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP button to print the slip.
13) With the Acknowledgment slip visit any branch of the banks listed on the platform.
14) At the bank, the bank teller uses the Acknowledgment slip to accept the payment in Cash and provides the student with an eTransact e-payment receipt.
15) Visit the Bursary Department to change your e-receipt to the University official receipt.
Any of the following banks are to be used for payment through the eTransact platform
1. Union Bank
2. Sterling Bank
3. United Bank for Africa (UBA)
4. First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
5. Diamond Bank
6. Unity Bank
7. Enterprise Bank
8. GTB Bank
9. Access Bank
10. EcoBank, etc