About Achievers University, Ondo (AUO):
Achievers University (AU), a prominent private-owned university in one of the biggest states in Nigeria, was founded in the year 2007. In the same year, it was accredited by NUC (National Universities Commission).
Achievers University was conceived and born by the Achievers Group of Education and Training Organization, which has its headquarters in Ibadan, the capital city of Oyo state, Nigeria.
This prominent institution spreads its tentacles across the community of Owo and has campuses in Ulale 1, Ulale 11, Ijegunma, Ulema, Amurin Elegba and Isijogun respectively.
In 2003, the current vice-chancellor of the institution, Dr Bode Ayorinde, obtained a private university application form from the National Universities Commission but had to wait another four years before the Federal Executive Council approved the university with the recommendation of NUC. The license to operate as a private university was eventually issued in the same year (2007).
After the establishment and commencement of academic activities by Achievers University during the 2007/2008 educational session, the institution was unlucky to have been amongst the seven privately owned universities whose license was withdrawn and the establishment shut down. This was due to the belief that the affected private institutions offered unapproved courses, which were also carried out or taught with substandard facilities and equipment. However, in the same month and year (July 17, 2012) which the license was withdrawn, it was also restored by the NUC (National Universities Commission) following an inspection by the body.
According to the data gotten from NUC’s annual ranking of Universities in Nigeria in 2013, Achievers University was placed at 53rd position.
Achievers University runs a collegiate system and has three colleges so far in its nine years of operation. These are:
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- College of Social and Management Science and
- College of Engineering (newly approved)
|REGULAR STUDENTS||100 LEVEL|
|COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES PROGRAMME:||N|
|ACCOUNTING BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, ECONOMICS INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS POLITICAL SCIENCES MASS COMMUNICATION, GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING SCIENCE, PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, SOCIOLOGY, CRIMINOLOGY, AND SECURITY STUDIES||400,000|
|BANKING AND FINANCE||270,000|
|COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SO ENCESPROGRAMME:||N|
|MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE||500,000|
|INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, BIOCHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY||300,000|
|ACCEPTANCE FEE (ALL PROGRAMMES) (PAYABLE ONCE AND FOR ALL)||25,000|
- Late Registration fee per Semester – #25.000
- Full payment of all fees during registration period attracts a discount of 5% on total fees, except programmes in Banking & Finance, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry and Microbiology.
- Two Installment Payment Cption-50% in the 1st 9emester and 50% in the2nd Each payment must be made within the registration period.
- Failure to register: Any student who fails to register at the end of registration period shall lose his/ her studentship for the semester. Such student is automatically classified by the computer as being on the suspension of studies. Such student is expected to apply for continuation of his/ her study/programme not later than 12 months thereafter, after which, if he/she fails, would be classified as having voluntarily withdrawn.
- Accommodation fee at the permanent site:
- 4 bed space-#80,000 (Female only).
- 6 bed space-#55,000 (Male only).
- Accommodation at the temporary site:
- 4 bed space-#50,000
- 2 bed space-#70,000
- Accommodation is secured on 1st come 1st served basis, and allotted to only fully registered students.
PAY TO UNIVERSITY’S BANK ACCOUNT AT ECOBANK
|Sf N||ACCOUNT NAME||ACCOUNT NO|