The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, on Monday, announced the results of the 2020 National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE).
According to Adamu, 24,416 candidates passed, scoring a minimum of 66.
The Minister, speaking at a news conference in Abuja on Monday, said that the total carrying capacity of the 110 unity colleges which stood at 26,625 had added additional 720 slots.
He disclosed that the overall best student is Umeonyiagu Crucifixio, an indigene of Anambra, who scored 199 out of 200.
“As has been the tradition for decades, the admission criteria include 60 per cent on merit, 30 per cent based on states’ representation in the unity colleges and the remaining 10 per cent covers other sundry considerations.
“Consequently, in this year’s admission, the 60 per cent merit-based admission will come first, followed by the 30 per cent equality of states and 10 per cent discretion.
“I have, therefore, directed that within 72 hours of the receipt of the results, all principals are to complete both the merit-based (60 percent) and the 30 percent of equity of states’ admission,” Adamu said.
Related School Updates:
- See The Official University Of Ibadan 2018/2019…
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- FG Extends Deadline For Common Entrance Exam…
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman