The federal government has declared that teachers without requisite qualifications and practicing license will be removed from the Nigeria Teaching Service.
The government said henceforth, First Class and Second Class Upper graduates will get teaching jobs.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Sonny Echono made this known on Saturday in Abuja.
He spoke while monitoring the conduct of the 2020 October Diet Batch B Teachers’ Professional Qualifying Examinations (PQE).
“By 2021, we will not engage teachers if they don’t meet particular threshold. We are now limiting entry point of teaching only to the best who are qualified. We will engage individuals with second class upper and first class divisions,” he said.
The official disclosed that arrangements will be made for conversion programmes for such graduates.
Echono said since most studied in fields not related to teaching, they need to learn pedagogy and methodology through the National Teachers Institute (NTI) and the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
“They will undergo specific programmes that will empower them to teach. We must enforce Mr. President’s directive that only qualified teachers will be allowed into our classrooms,” he added.
Echono assured that teachers will get better remuneration with peculiar allowances.
The Permanent Secretary announced that the government was finalising figures with National Income Salaries and Wages.
He confirmed that the National Implementation Committee on Teachers’ Revitalization/Resuscitation Plan will be inaugurated this month.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Reasons why JAMB will not release 2018 Examination…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman
- Federal Government alone can’t finance universities in Nigeria – President Buhari
- Suspend your nationwide protest – University alumni urges NANS over ASUU strike
- NECO releases results of common entrance examination
- WAEC updates candidates on amendment of date of birth