The Senator has blamed the ongoing civil unrest by youths across the Federation on the industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU) in the country.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, said this in a meeting between the Federal Government and ASUU on Thursday in Abuja.
According to Ngige, “for the past one week, we have all been on our toes, we’ve been meeting, and we pray that this meeting will yield good fruits.
“We don’t take pleasure in the fact that the children who are supposed to be in school are being recruited into the EndSARS, #EndStrike, #EndSWAT campaign.
“As much as possible, we’ll try to see how we can meet ourselves halfway so that we can resolve this crisis to the benefits of all and the country at large.”
The minister said that the Federal Government has commenced the process of testing the University Transparency Accountability Solution (UTAS) platform, created by ASUU.
He said that ASUU members have claimed that the platform will accommodate the peculiarities of the university systems and that the platform will involve three stages of the test to be concluded within the time frame the union gave the government.
“We have the preliminary report, and the test run on the UTAS, and we believe that with that, we will be able to get it right.
“Let me make it clear to members of the press. We never said UTAS would replace the Integrated Personnel Information System (IPPIS) as some of you are reporting.
“No! The UTAS developed by them is for the University systems, and they feel that it captures the peculiarities that are configured to accommodate all the University systems, especially as it affects the Professors and other teaching staff and even the Non-Academic Staff.
“We, as a government, feel we are going to put it up for tests – three stages of the test. We’ve done the first stage of the test, which is within the timeline of six months that ASUU promised.
“We are going to do another integrity test, Alpha test, Beta test and the one they call roll-over and other whatever test. It’s the technologists that know all those tests. But this is the round we are going on now,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021