The Governing Board of the National Examinations Council (NECO) has indefinitely postponed the on-going 2020 Senior School Certificate Examination.
The board in a statement signed by the Head, Information and Public Relations Division NECO, Azeez Sani, said its decision follows the current security challenges, occasioned by the End SARS protests.
In a fresh review by the board, it resolved that the current unrest nationwide, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examination has led to curfews and close down of schools to safeguard lives and property.
‘‘Arising from that meeting, the Governing Board resolved that the 2020 SSCE (Internal) be postponed indefinitely in view of the current security challenges, occasioned by the End SARS protests, which disrupted the smooth conduct of the examinations in some parts of the country.
‘‘In the circumstances, it has become difficult for the Council to move examination materials across the country. Students in the affected locations were unable to sit for the papers already scheduled in the examination time table’’.
The exam council further resolved, to continue the conduct of the examinations as soon as normalcy returned to all States.
It regretted the inconveniences the postponement would cause all stakeholders but say it took the decision to maintain the integrity and security of the examination procedures.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman
- Federal Government alone can’t finance universities in Nigeria – President Buhari
- Suspend your nationwide protest – University alumni urges NANS over ASUU strike
- NECO releases results of common entrance examination
- WAEC updates candidates on amendment of date of birth