The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), has threatened to go on strike over the challenges they are facing with implementation of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS).
ASUP President, Anderson Ezeobe, stated this while speaking to journalists on Friday.
According to Ezeobe, the 15-day ultimatum issued by the union remains valid.
This is coming three days after the senior staff of Nigerian polytechnics issued a 21-day ultimatum for the Federal Government failure to address lingering issues associated with the IPPIS.
Ezeobe says the National Executive Council of the union has directed various chapters to hold congresses with a view to taking drastic decisions on the way forward on the issue.
He said: The trade union is an epitome of democracy. So we are taking the matter to our congress to say, this is what has happened and the same way, we will explain to our chairmen and they will take the matter back to congress and then our congress will decide on the direction to take.
“We understand that the pandemic has altered a lot of dynamics and so with the feedback we get from our members, we can come back and say, we are shutting down or giving a particular date. So we are waiting for directives that will come from our congress.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- ASUP Postpones Planned Strike
- ASUU kicks against the Integrated Payroll and…
- Polytechnic Lecturers Issue A Notice For 21-days…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman