Following the continued protests by youths under the End SARS campaign, the Governor of Ondo State, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has ordered the immediate closure of schools across the state.
The move by the governor was disclosed in a statement issued by the State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Femi Agagu.
The directive was coming a few hours after parents in the state urged the state government to close all schools for the safety of the children.
According to the Education Commissioner, “Mr Governor has directed that all schools that resumed on Monday 19th October 2020 be closed for the meantime from tomorrow 21st October 2020 because of the engulfing nationwide protest and the need to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
He added that parents and the public are to note the directive and all schools are to comply immediately.
“Any inconvenience is regretted, while the State Government would ensure the resumption of our schools as soon as possible.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman
- Federal Government alone can’t finance universities in Nigeria – President Buhari
- Suspend your nationwide protest – University alumni urges NANS over ASUU strike
- NECO releases results of common entrance examination
- WAEC updates candidates on amendment of date of birth