Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, the President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, on Monday introduced an alternative to the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, IPPIS, to the Senate leadership.
Prof. Ogunyemi addressed reporters after a three-hour closed-door session between ASUU and the leadership of the Senate.
According to him, the visit was a follow up to the earlier one held in October 2019 between the body of lecturers and the leadership of the Senate.
He said the meetings have been to find a way out of the IPPIS crisis.
Back in October 2019, ASUU had told the Senate leadership that it would design an alternative to the IPPIS, which would accommodate the peculiarity of the university system.
Ogunyemi said the University Transparency and Accountability Solution, UTAS, was a home-grown system that would end the eight-month industrial action by ASUU if embraced by the Federal Government.
He said, “We had a positive meeting which was cordial and we are going to continue from there. We will still meet again to continue from where we stopped.
“We have developed what we call University Transparency and Accountability Solution. We have presented it to the Senate today and the Senate President commended it.
“We are going to present the platform to other stakeholders. UTAS is home grown while IPPIS is foreign.
“We have shown that we are inventors, we are creators of software and we are also capable of doing what our colleagues are doing in other parts of the world.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021