The Ondo Government on Wednesday said it had not directed or permitted the re-opening of public or private primary and tertiary institutions in the state.
This clarification was contained in a statement by Prof. Adesegun Fatusi, Chairman, Inter-Ministerial Committee on COVID-19.
Fatusi said that only secondary schools had been permitted to open for Senior Secondary 3 (SS3), and Junior Secondary School 3 (JSS3) classes.
He also said that the directive was in line with its objective of strengthening public safety, protecting the lives of residents and further mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
According to him, all school authorities, both public and private, are enjoined to comply fully with the government’s directive and not to reopen schools until the state government expressly permits such.
“The state government is also very keen to see students return to classes, but in a safe, serene and secured environment directive,” he said.
Fatusi, who pleaded for the understanding and cooperation of all stakeholders, encouraged parents to ensure that their children and wards continue to stay at home until the government directed otherwise.
Related School Updates:
See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
See The Official Timetable for NECO 2019 June/July SSCE
AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
WAEC Releases 2019 May/June Senior School…
See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman