The Government of Ogun State has finally reopened schools, five months after they were shut down to prevent community transmission of coronavirus.
The state government said schools should reopen on September 21 for the first term of 2020/2021 session.
In a statement by Kunle Somorin, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun, on Monday, it was announced that the reopening of schools is extended to all classes in primary and secondary schools, technical and vocational colleges, and tertiary Institutions of learning.
According to Kunle Somorin, universities, polytechnics and colleges of education are to resume same day, September 21.
However, as part of COVID-19 guidelines, school hours are staggered for public schools.
TUITION reports that pupils in Primary one to three will be in school from 8am to 11am; while those in Primary 4 to 6 will be in classes from 12 noon to 3pm.
For those in secondary schools, the hours are staggered in the same manner among those in junior and senior classes.
According to Somorin, technical and Vocational will operate their normal school hours of 8am to 2pm.
He maintained that Early Child Care Development and Education classes for infants from 3 to 5 years of age will not be resuming in public schools until the next phase of schools reopening.
“Tertiary institutions are allowed to commence reopening from 21 September, 2020 as may be determined by their respective Management,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Ekiti State SUBEB Chairman threatens under performing contractors on UBEC projects
- Too many unions killing Nigerian varsities – VC, Federal University, Oye
- Environment still unsafe to reopen schools – Imo State government
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions