Niger Government uncovers over 2,000 unqualified primary school teachers on its payroll
Niger State Government says it has uncovered over two thousand unqualified primary school teachers on its payroll across the 25 local government areas of the state.
The affected teachers, according to the government could neither read nor write in primary schools.
This was the report of the findings of a Staff Audit Committee constituted by the State Universal Basic Education Board, SUBEB, in June this year.
The committee set up by the state Chairman, Dr. Isa Adamu, was saddled with the responsibility to unravel and ascertain the exact number of personnel on its payroll.
Presenting the report to the state Chairman of SUBEB, Dr Isa Adamu, the chairman of central committee, Alh Ayuba Usman Katako said out of about 28,000 staff, 26,000 took part in the screening exercise conducted by the committee.
Katako described what the audit committee uncovered as one of the major findings on teaching and non-teaching staff by SUBEB.
He also revealed that about fifty percent of those with issues of certificate racketeering are class teachers in the state.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Ekiti to borrow N3bn to pay UBEC
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Ekiti State SUBEB Chairman threatens under performing contractors on UBEC projects
- Too many unions killing Nigerian varsities – VC, Federal University, Oye
- Environment still unsafe to reopen schools – Imo State government
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions