The Lagos State government has said that only final year students will go back to classrooms, as tertiary institutions reopen next Monday.
This was confirmed by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s Special Adviser on Education, Tokunbo Wahab, while speaking on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Thursday.
Sanwo-Olu had announced the re-opening of schools in the state, starting with tertiary institutions on September 14, 2020.
Secondary and primary schools are expected to resume a week after.
Wahab emphasised that the students in the state will resume in phases.
He said, “Basically, we are at a point where scientifically, we’ve been proven to have flattened the curve. And it invariably means that we are not as exposed as we used to be some five, four, three months back. So, consequently, we have to find a way to bring our lives back to normal. And in doing that, education is very critical to whatever we are going to do.
“In the past few weeks, we’ve been putting in place measures and facilities that will enable our children come back to school.
“Even at that, what we seek to do from next week is to start a phased reopening of our tertiary institutions.
“On the 14th, we have announced that our tertiary institutions are going to open to our students for the first time after six months.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Ekiti State SUBEB Chairman threatens under performing contractors on UBEC projects
- Too many unions killing Nigerian varsities – VC, Federal University, Oye
- Environment still unsafe to reopen schools – Imo State government
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions