The Executive Chairman of the Ekiti State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Professor Femi Akinwumi has praised contractors handling the four Model Schools initiated by Governor Kayode Fayemi for the quality and pace of work done on the project sites in the last one week
Speaking with newsmen in Ado-Ekiti while monitoring the projects over the weekend, Akinwumi said with the pace of work done in the last one week, despite the unfavourable weather conditions, the contractors were certain to complete and deliver the projects as scheduled.
Akinwumi however expressed joy at the facilities being put in place in the model schools saying the Fayemi Administration was taking Basic Education a notch higher in Nigeria with the model schools under construction.
“I am very impressed with what I have seen today. The interior and exterior works on the projects are going on as scheduled in spite of the inclement weather. The landscaping of the whole environment as well as the finishing, the fittings and painting works are also going on smoothly. These are enduring projects that every Ekiti man would be proud of when completed in the next few weeks”, the SUBEB boss said.
He promised that the state government would continue to support the contractors to enable them deliver the project as scheduled.
He consequently directed the Education Secretaries in the 16 Local Government Education Authorities to forward the list of such non-performing contractors to his office latest by Tuesday, 29th September.
The construction works inspected over the weekend by the SUBEB Chairman and his team include amongst others Projects in three of the four Model Schools in Ado-Ekiti, Baptist Primary School and St Michael Nursery and Primary School Iyin-Ekiti, CAC Okeisegun Nursery and Primary School, Ido-Ekiti, St Philomena Nursery and Primary School, Itapa and Nawalrudeen Primary School, Aramoko-Ekiti.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Ekiti to borrow N3bn to pay UBEC
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman