The state Commissioner for Basic and Secondary Education,
Mr Patrick Ukah made this known on Wednesday in Asaba.
Ukah said schools would re-open for the conclusion of the 2019/2020 academic session and the commencement of a new academic session, NAN reports.
He said this was to enable them to prepare for and write their second term examinations, adding that “boarding students are expected to resume on Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020’’.
“Also, pupils in primary four and five who are yet to complete the second term examination would resume on Oct. 6.’’
The commissioner said that the second term examinations would be waived for pupils in primaries one to three.
Ukah said that the resumption dates for the first term in the 2020/2021 academic session for pupils and students in primary and secondary schools would run from Oct. 12 to Dec.18.
While the resumption date for the second term is scheduled to commence on Jan. 4, and ends March 31, 2021, third term is scheduled to commence from April 12 and ends by Aug.13, 2021,’’ he said.
Ukah said that the resumption for all nursery/pre-primary KG one to three pupils had been deferred till January 2021.
The commissioner advised parents and guardians to avail themselves of the resumption dates to prepare their children and wards.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman