The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the Non-Academic Staff Union of Universities (NASU) have blocked the main entrance of the Lagos State University (LASU) over the payment of the minimum wage.
The free flow of vehicular movement was hindered by the protesting members who gathered as early as 7:00 am and prevented both students and lecturers from gaining entrance into the university’s compound.
Those locked out of the school include the Vice-Chancellor of the University, Professor Olanrewaju Fagboun.
All attempt by the Vice-Chancellor to dialogue with NLC, ASUU, NASU members was not successful, as they insist that no one will be allowed into the university premises until their demands are met by the state government.
They claimed that an increment in their salaries was promised by the Lagos State government more than a year ago and the promise was yet to be fulfilled.
The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu two weeks earlier announced that tertiary institutions in the state will be reopened today, September 14, 2020, after been shut for six months due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Also read ;
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Ekiti State SUBEB Chairman threatens under performing contractors on UBEC projects
- Too many unions killing Nigerian varsities – VC, Federal University, Oye
- Environment still unsafe to reopen schools – Imo State government
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions