Southwestern University, Okun-Owa, Ogun State, is currently accepting applications from candidates who wish to take up courses in the university this academic year, 2020/2021.
Apply To Southwestern University with your current JAMB/JUPEP/IJMB/OND/HND results and get admitted for our BSc programmes to get Quality Education at a very AFFORDABLE TUITION.
The university dynamically seeks students with a wide range of interests, talents, goals and experiences and offers excellent academics and multi-faceted support for students at all levels. Application instructions, guidelines and detailed qualifications for applying are as detailed below:
Method of Application and Registration
- Make a non-refundable deposit of N5, 500 into the university’s bank account.
Account name: Lagos City Polytechnic , Limited
Bank: GUARANTY TRUST BANK PLC
Account number: 0108175382.
- Proceed to complete your form online at www.southweseternuniversity.edu.ng
- Click on “APPLY NOW”
- Follow the instructions carefully and complete the online form
- Only application forms with confirmed payments will be processed
- Ensure the e-mail and phone numbers supplied are valid as further application details will be communicated through these means
- Bring all original credentials and evidence of payment when coming for the screening exercise
- Ensure that the name of the applicant matches the name on the bank teller.
- Please write your name and date of birth on each page of your supporting documents.
- Ensure that you use your legal name and check that your name is the same on all documents to be submitted.
- Thoroughly proofread your application and supporting documents before submission.
- Submit all your supporting documents, including your high school transcript and recommendations, in one folder to eliminate the chances of documents getting misplaced or separated during processing.
About the Institution
Getting into the university is a major concern for admission seekers, whether you’re starting as an undergraduate or going for your post-graduate study. It is an even bigger deal getting into an institution like Southwestern University with its extraordinary opportunities, resources and experiences. We are a supportive community of driven and diverse individuals, where students are stimulated to engage in respectful dialogue and build up their personal beliefs and values. The university applies world-class teaching and learning techniques and is technologically equipped to provide an education that is of international standard.
In 2019, the university held its first convocation ceremony where a total of 20 students of the Faculties of Pure and Applied Science and the Social and Management Science bagged first class degrees.
Admission to SUN is highly selective. Every year, the institution allows admission seekers with varied goals, interests and experiences to send in their applications for study. These applications are carefully pruned to select bright and talented individuals who make up the student body. The university also admits students from diverse cultural backgrounds, promoting diversity and inclusivity.
Presently, Southwestern University, Nigeria is seeking applications from fresh students, transfer students and international students and students seeking to upgrade their certificates. Each of these student groups has unique application requirements and these would be detailed below. Interested applicants are encouraged to either use the university’s online portal or walk-in to the University’s offices to submit an application. The following groups are welcome to submit an application.
College is not just a place for academics, it is an excellent opportunity for young people to make life-long friends and find future business associates. If you are planning to embark on your undergraduate studies at Southwestern University, be sure you are not alone.
The university provides a tight-knit community of faculty members, non-academic staff and students whom you would get to learn from and with whom you would grow. You’ll get constant support and draw inspiration from the community and in a few years you would be moulded into a young professional in whatever course of study you have decided to undertake.
We offer more than 17 courses of study within two faculties; the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences and the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences. Our institution encourages students to realize their best self — this is what a university education should be all about. While learning, you’ll have the opportunity to make friends from students from all over the country and beyond.
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences currently has (5) Departments:
Accounting & Finance
Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences currently has (4) Departments:
Pure & Applied Physics
Computer & Mathematical Sciences
Faculty of Pure And Applied Sciences
B. Sc. Microbiology
B. Sc. Botany
B. Sc. Botany
B. Sc. Zoology
B. Sc. Biochemistry
B. Sc. Chemistry
B. Sc. Physics
B. Sc. Physics with Electronics
B. Sc. Computer Science
B. Sc. Mathematics
Faculty of Social And Management Science
B. Sc. Economics
B. Sc. Accounting
B. Sc. Banking & Finance
B. Sc. Business Administration
B. Sc. Marketing
B. Sc. Mass Communication
B. Sc. Political Science
B. Sc. International Relations
The minimum entry requirements for admission into Southwestern University are:
- Credit level passes in 5 subjects at (SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB) O’ Level result or its equivalent, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- UTME REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must sit for the current JAMB UTME exams and attain the National cut off mark as a statutory requirement for entry into a Nigerian University.
Southwestern University is a place of reasonably priced excellence. Not only is the teaching and learning experience top-note, the tuition is reasonable. So we invite you to dig deeper into what the institution has to offer. Walk into our office to learn more about our campuses, our academic offerings, and opportunities for financial aid and so on. Discover something that may inspire you to transfer to SouthWestern University.
Requirements for Transfer Include:
- Initial Admission Documents submitted to current Institution.
- Official Transcript from current Institution to be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
Upgrade Programme (Convert an HND into a BSc Programme in 4 Semesters)
Hello HND holder! First, congratulations on the successful acquisition of your HND certificate. What a big step. If you are ever looking to turn your HND certificate into a BSc, Southwestern University offers a 4-semester programme that can help you make the upgrade. During this time, you would be given the opportunity to participate in rich, pragmatic opportunities and learn in a demanding academic environment. You would be even more prepared to think critically and compete once they graduate.
PROGRAMME ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The minimum entry requirements for admission into the Upgrade Programme at Southwestern University are:
- A Higher National Diploma obtained at an accredited Polytechnic,
- National Youth Service Corps. (Discharged / Exclusion / Exemption Certificate as the case may be),
- A PASS GRADE in a written test to be taken before admission into the Programme.
Available Programmes for HND Holders
Courses available for the Upgrade Programme are as follows:
- Computer Science
- Business Administration and Management
- Mass Communication
University tuition can be a scary topic for both students and parents. The institution understands this, and offer reasonably priced tuition and varied payment plans.
For more information, contact:
Southwestern University Nigeria KM 20 Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Okun-Owa, Ogun State Nigeria
Phone: 08020860298/ 08055477000
Related School Updates:
See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Releases…
Nile University Of Nigeria Releases 2018/2019 Admission Form
How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman