Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has rejected the timetable of the 2020 West African Secondary School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE).
The body said the dates of the exams clashed with Muslims’ Friday prayers.
The examination will commence on the 17th August, 2020.
On Monday, Professor Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director in a statement accused WAEC of creating a wedge between young Muslims and the mosque.
“There are at least three clashes between examination periods and Muslim prayers on Fridays: Management-in-Living (2 pm, Friday 14th August, 2020); Literature-in-English (2 pm, Friday 21st August); Health Science (1.30 pm, Friday, 4th September),” he said.null
MURIC said the timetable is exclusive, sectional, parochial, insensitive and provocative.
It called the schedule an invitation to anarchy, designed to cause pain to Muslim candidates.
“It is the handiwork of sadists and anarchists. It smirks of an anti-Muslim machinery oiled by the passion for hate and injustice. This is in spite of efforts made by us to guard against this kind of clash,” he added.
MURIC insisted that Muslim candidates must be given three hours every Friday.
Akintola added that Nigerian Muslims will liberate themselves from slavery, serfdom and religious apartheid if government is lackadaisical.
“Our message to WAEC is very clear and simple: Adjust your timetable and stop provoking Muslims forthwith”, he warned.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Muslim Group says “We will disrupt 2018 WAEC Examinations”
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman