The managing board of the University of Lagos, UNILAG, has announced that Professor Theophilus Omololu Soyombo of the Faculty of Social Sciences has been appointed as the acting the Vice Chancellor of the University.
This is coming after the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olawatoyin Ogundipe was relieved of his duty by the governing council of the institution during a meeting which was presided over by its Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Dr. Wale Babalakin on Wednesday.
Following the development, Ogundipe in a terse statement made available to NAN had declared that the council decision is untrue and a figment of its imagination.”
He also insisted that he remains the Vice Chancellor of the University.
However, the council in a statement released on Thursday by its Registrar and Secretary, Esq. Oladejo Azeez maintained that Ogundipe has been removed as the Vice chancellor of the University.
Azeez also urged the public to disregard the letter which purports to deny the VC’s removal by the Governing Council of the University.
“My attention has been drawn to a document circulating under the hand and signature of the former Vice Chancellor of University of Lagos, Professor Oluwatoyin T. Ogundipe, FAS.
“The letter purports to deny his removal by the Governing Council of University at its Emergency Meeting of Wednesday,August 12, 2020.
“For the avoidance of doubt, I am in my capacity as Registrar and Secretary to Council the only custodian of the minutes of Council and the authorizing officer on behalf of Council to issue official statements pertaining to all Council Affairs.
“Members of the public are hereby advised to totally disregard the statement attributed to the said former Vice Chancellor.
“The position remains that he was lawfully removed by the Governing Council at a meeting fully attended by all Council members.
“I also wish to use the opportunity to inform members of the public that Council at the said meeting duly appointed Professor Theophilus Omololu Soyomboof the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Lagos as Vice Chancellor of the University in an Acting Capacity,” the statement read.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Uproar in Unilag over the removal of Ogundipe and…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman