Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) and Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) have decided to proceed on strike immediately schools reopen.
This was made public on Thursday in Abuja by Samson Ugwoke, Chairman, Joint Action Committee (JAC) of the unions, at a press briefing
Ugwoke, also SSANU President, and NASU General Secretary, Peters Adeyemi, signed the resolution.
They are protesting the protracted Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) debacle, non-payment of arrears of earned allowance and minimum wage.
The unions are also aggrieved over alleged lack of seriousness by the Babalakin Committee renegotiating the 2009 FG/NASU, SSANU agreements, poor funding of universities, absence of visitation panels, among others.
Ugwoke complained about how many other sectors had been paid minimum wage, university workers were still left out.
“We find this development totally unwholesome. Given the time lag of over a year since it was implemented in other sectors, members of the public would agree that we have been patient enough in the university system.”
The unions decried that despite series of letters by the IPPIS since February, members were still facing salary issues.
”Pay us the arrears of both earned allowances and minimum wage, among others”, Ugwoke told the government.
He warned that if schools are asked to reopen and the needful was not done, industrial conflict would be inevitable.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman