Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, bool given in /home/tuitionn/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3380
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), has announced date for the commencement of the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME).
The screening for the 2020 admission processes will commence on September 7 in universities, polytechnics and colleges of education.
JAMB explained that the reason the date was changed originally from August 21 was to accommodate candidates taking part in this year’s school-based Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE).
Ishaq Oloyede, the Registrar, made this known on Monday, after a virtual meeting with Vice Chancellors, Rectors, and Provosts of tertiary institutions.
He said: “Presently as you are aware, WAEC starts the Senior School Certificate Examination on Aug. 17, it will go on till Sept. 7. Similarly, on Sept. 2 or thereabout, NABTEB will commence its own examination that will go on till Oct. 15, and immediately after that, NECO starts from the 5th to Nov.18.
“Rather than making candidates run, particularly, when they will have to write their school certificate exam in different towns and rush to universities elsewhere for post-UTME, like somebody rushing from Sokoto to Ibadan for post-UTME, we believe as a custodian of the highest sector of the education system, we should avoid that.”
The Registrar added that institutions whose post-UTME screening was mandatory for candidates would have to spread such exercise in two phases.
“For those institutions who want to take post-UTME, that cannot be earlier than the 7th of September and it will be held twice – from 7th September to 4th of October, and then it will be held for the second time on the 18th of November to mop up those who are taking their school certificate examination,” he said.
Click here to visit our E-Store for your WAEC, NECO, JAMB scratch card.
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman