An anonymous student in Gombe State joined thousands of other students, to write the West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE), which began yesterday.
The Government Science Secondary School, Gombe student sat for the Mathematics exam that was written on Monday, according to the state government.
The student, however, wrote his papers in an isolation room with a specially-assigned invigilator decked out in a PPE gear.
“A final year student of GSSS Gombe tested POSITIVE for COVID-19 and was isolated yesterday, today he is writing Mathematics SSCE while ensuring his invigilator is well protected,” the government announced on Twitter.
The exam, administered by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), was initially postponed in March 2020, after schools were shut down across the country in a bid to contain COVID-19.
An announcement earlier in July to restart the examinations on August 4 was withdrawn, before the government announced that schools could reopen for final year students in early August and the exams would commence on August 17.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman