The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has given new terms for the reopening of schools.
The union mentioned that among other things, the federal government must pay the salaries of some of the members that have not been paid.
ASUU also announced the development of an alternative to the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System called University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).
Speaking at the University of Abuja, Gwagwalada Campus, the National President of the Union, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, briefed pressmen that the programs were part of the conditions set the federal government to end the ongoing strike.
He said that the software will cater to the peculiarities of Universities in Nigeria, both private and public.
ASUU embarked on an indefinite strike on the 24th of March due to disagreements on the IPPIS platform.
Prof. Ogunyemi at the press briefing said the new platform yet to be subjected to integrity test by the federal government, he however expressed optimism that the government will stick to its commitment.
“We counsel that government at both the federal and state levels must meet the Taskforce specified guidelines for reopening of educational institutions, we insist that all the arrears of the withheld salaries of our members in federal and state Universities must be paid immediately to pave for further discussion on the outstanding issues in the Memorandum of Action of February 7, 2019,” he said.
Adding that “It is our sincere hope that the government would not renege on its promise because the benefits of UTAS to the university system (both public and private) cannot be found in any other software in Nigeria today. Now that the union is close to meeting the government’s demand on an alternative to IPPIS, it is our sincere hope that the substantive issues in the ongoing strike action would be given the desired attention,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- WAEC Releases 2019 May/June Senior School…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman