Mr Peter Obi, who was The Vice-Presidential Candidate of the People’s Democratic Party in the last election, has warned the Federal Government against its decision not to reopen schools, saying that such a move would jeopardize the future of children.
In a statement ,Obi said that such a sudden U-turn by the Federal Government on the earlier scheduled school resumption was not healthy for the country.
Obi explained that there were other safety measures the Ministry of Education could employ for the safe re-opening of schools without putting the health of students at risk.
He said the outright cancellation of the WASSCE, was not in the best interest of the country because, in addition to jeopardizing the future of Nigerian children, it presents Nigeria in a bad light.
While Obi noted that an abundance of caution has to be put in place for the sake of the lives of the students, he expressed confidence that a good road map for safe return to schools would effectively reactivate the education sector while seeing students safely through their academic exercises.
“I hope the Federal Government realises how important it is that our education sector comes alive with activities. Rather than completely halting academic activities, especially WASSCE, the Ministry of Education should have by now come up with an effective roadmap that will see our children back to school safely.
“More amenities like classrooms, equipment, and invigilators should be provided by the government to ensure that social distancing is well enforced among students. Working hand-in-hand with other ministries will give the Ministry of Education the much-needed synergy to work out a safe plan for the resumption of schools”, Obi said.
He beseeched the government to reconsider their stand and create a safe environment for the students
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- “Cancellation of WAEC may result in ”a year of…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See How To Apply For Afe Babalola University…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021