National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS) has commended the Federal Government for approving the reopening of secondary schools
Classes will resume from 4th August to allow SSS3 students in Nigeria prepare for the forthcoming West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations.
The examination had been scheduled to commence on the 17th August, 2020.
NAPPS President Yomi Otubela, in a statement on Tuesday said the news was cheering for students, parents, teachers, school owners and other stakeholders.
The body thanked the Ministers at the Education Ministry for their roles and giving listening ears to concerns about the suspension.
NAPPS promised to take safety as a priority by ensuring that staff, students and visitors adhere strictly to the safety protocols and COVID-19 guidelines.
Otubela urged state governments to follow suit by calling an emergency virtual meeting of all stakeholders in both public and private schools.
He tasked them to further enlighten schools on what needs to be put in place having taken cognizance of their state peculiarities to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
“We shall use the opportunity of this resumption to assess the workability of safety protocols that are in place in schools and hope that we can use the success of it to ensure other students fully resume as soon as possible”, the president added.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions
- Akwa Ibom State government has announced its plans to shuffle school days for Secondary schools with a population of over 2000 students.
- Lagos government cancels assessment exams for JSS 3 students
- Enugu government to reopen primary and secondary schools on September 28