Samuel Ortom, The Benue State Governor, has approved the partial reopening of schools in the state.
The Governor gave the approval during the State’s Executive Council meeting he presided over, yesterday.
This was in line with the recommendations of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on reopening of schools
However, the state Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Mrs Ngunan Adingi disclosed that only graduating classes would be allowed to reopen in the state.
Speaking with newsmen in Makurdi, the state capital, Adingi said, “schools would be reopened for primary six pupils and students in JSS 3 as well as SS3.”
She disclosed that the State Action Committee on COVID-19 would meet with the Ministry of Education to further set out guidelines in ensuring that protocols are observed and a date for reopening scheduled.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government had last week allowed the partial reopening of schools
It had directed that only graduating students are allowed to resume in order to take their final examinations.
The federal government, however, ordered that primary and Daycare centers should remain closed
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman