The Federal Ministry of Education on Monday announced that secondary schools for exit classes will resume on August 4th.
This was made known in a statement signed by its Director Press and Public Relation, Ben Ben Goong.
Goong said the decision was reached at a virtual consultative meeting between the Federal Ministry of Education of the 36 states, the Nigerian Union of Teachers, NUT, the proprietors of private schools and the Chief Executive of examination bodies.
The Ministry further stated that students will have two weeks to prepare for the West African Examination, WAEC, which will start on 17th of August.
“Secondary schools in the country are to reopen as from the 4th of August, 2020 for exit classes only.
”It was agreed that the exit classes should resume immediately after the Sallah break, from 4th of August, 2020 to enable them prepare for WAEC examinations which will commence on August 17th, 2020.
”The meeting also resolved that a passionate appeal be made to the Federal Government through the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 and public-spirited Nigerians for assistance to schools across the country to enable fast track the preparations for safe reopening.
”Another meeting is to be convened tomorrow between the Federal Ministry of Education and the Chief Executives of examination bodies namely, NECO, NABTEB and NBAIS to harmonize their examination dates, which will be conveyed to stakeholders expeditiously by the Federal Ministry of Education.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman