The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Lagos (UNILAG) chapter, has instructed Pro-Chancellor, Wale Babalakin to steer clear of the institution.
ASUU said the vote of no confidence slammed on him has not been vacated.
On Saturday The body made the declaration in a statement by its Chairman, Dele Ashiru.
ASUU stressed that Babalakin remained persona non grata in UNILAG. The comment followed what the lecturers called “a surreptitious council meeting” summoned by Babalakin.
ASUU informed the university community and the public that “the vote of no confidence on Babalakin and his persona non grata status on account of the unfortunate cancellation of the university’s convocation ceremonies occasioned by him has not been vacated by the congress”.
The union advised Babalakin to rethink “his intention of entering the university, as his presence may rupture the long-cherished peace and tranquility on our campus”.
ASUU told the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu and the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Universities Commission (NUC), Abubakar Rasheed, “to please rein in Dr Babalakin
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- See ABUTH 2018/2019 Nursing/Health Programmes Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman