The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has commenced registration for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2020 – Second Series with a note to candidates to check the examination towns’ list before registering.
According to the advert for the examination signed by the Mr Patrick Areghan Council’s Head of National Office (HNO), 36 subjects would be examined during the examination, which does not have a fixed date yet because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Usually, the examination holds between August and October every year.
However, the Head of National Office warned interested candidates to find out if their preferred location would be listed as examination towns as only urban centres would be used for the examination.
“The examination will be urban-based and will be conducted at a period to be announced in due course. Thirty-Six (36) subjects would be available for the examination. Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website – http://www.waecnigeria.org to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN,” he said.
Lagos has the highest number of examination towns listed – 27 – followed by Ogun with 16, and Rivers State with 13.
While registration for the examination cost N13,950, those who register after the deadline as ‘walk-in candidates, would have to pay N30,500 to write the examination as long as they register a day before the paper they desire to write.
“Candidates, who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as ‘Walk-in-Candidates’, provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The ‘Walk-in-Candidates’ fee is N30, 500.00 only.
Mr Patrick Areghan said once candidates access the site, they must conclude their registration within two weeks.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See The Official Timetable for NECO 2019 June/July SSCE
- See 2018 NABTEB May/June Exam Timetable and…
- See Official Timetable For NABTEB 2019 May/June…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU