The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that some universities will give out admission to candidates that score less than 200.
These universities are: University of Lagos, University of Ibadan, Covenant University, Obafemi Awolowo University and University of Benin.
This was mentioned in a statement signed by JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, on Monday in Abuja.
Fabian also listed higher institutions that will not admit candidates that scored less than 180 in its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) this year.
“For the 2020 admission exercise, for example, no candidate with a UTME score of 209 can be considered for admission into any programme at PAU whose minimum UTME score is 210.
“Also, no candidate with a UTME score of 199 can be admitted into any of the following universities whose minimum score is 200: OAU, UI, CU, UNILAG and UNIBEN.
“No candidate with a score less than 180 can be admitted into many of the universities including Lagos State University (190); Afe Babalola University (180), Nigerian Army University, Biu (180); University of Jos (180), University of Abuja (180), Redeemers University (180), University of Ilorin (180), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (180), Bayero University Kano (180), Alex Ekwueme University (180) and PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (180),” Fabian said.
He also warned that high scores in UTME might not be enough to secure admissions.
According to Fabian, institutions were at liberty to decide their own cut-off points, based on certain conditions approved by JAMB.
Other parameters such as Post-UTME/post-A/L qualifications screening/test score; O/L grade score, etc will be used.
The statement added that the quota system and catchment area are also considered during the admission process.
ALSO READ : JAMB releases cut-off mark for 2020 admissions
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See How To Apply For Afe Babalola University…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- FUNAI 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU