The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that some universities will give out admission to candidates that score less than 200.
These universities are: University of Lagos, University of Ibadan, Covenant University, Obafemi Awolowo University and University of Benin.
This was mentioned in a statement signed by JAMB’s spokesperson, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, on Monday in Abuja.
Fabian also listed higher institutions that will not admit candidates that scored less than 180 in its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) this year.
“For the 2020 admission exercise, for example, no candidate with a UTME score of 209 can be considered for admission into any programme at PAU whose minimum UTME score is 210.
“Also, no candidate with a UTME score of 199 can be admitted into any of the following universities whose minimum score is 200: OAU, UI, CU, UNILAG and UNIBEN.
“No candidate with a score less than 180 can be admitted into many of the universities including Lagos State University (190); Afe Babalola University (180), Nigerian Army University, Biu (180); University of Jos (180), University of Abuja (180), Redeemers University (180), University of Ilorin (180), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria (180), Bayero University Kano (180), Alex Ekwueme University (180) and PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt (180),” Fabian said.
He also warned that high scores in UTME might not be enough to secure admissions.
According to Fabian, institutions were at liberty to decide their own cut-off points, based on certain conditions approved by JAMB.
Other parameters such as Post-UTME/post-A/L qualifications screening/test score; O/L grade score, etc will be used.
The statement added that the quota system and catchment area are also considered during the admission process.
ALSO READ : JAMB releases cut-off mark for 2020 admissions
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- See Unilorin 2018 Admission Details: Cut-off marks,…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman