The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board, JAMB, has announced 160 and above as the national minimum cut-off mark for 2020 admissions into public universities.
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, JAMB Registrar made this known during a presentation of the policy considerations at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions on Tuesday in Abuja.
JAMB Registrar said that 120 and above have been approved as cut-off marks into Polytechnics and 100 and above for both Colleges of Education and Innovation Enterprise Institutions.
He explained that the decision was taken after each of the Institutions had voted and prescribed minimum cut off marks for their schools.
”No University would be allowed to admit a candidate if he or she has scored less than 160 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
”Also, that is not the only thing that would be taken for admission, some would conduct post UTME and other physical assessments and that will be added to it to determine the cut-off mark.
”Nobody can admit a candidate with a score less than what the institution prescribed. That is, those who voted for 210 can maintain the figure and not 209 or anything below 210.
”All those who prescribed less than 160 for universities cannot be accepted but 160 and above and the same goes for Polytechnics and Colleges of Education.
”Every institution will have what it prescribed for itself except for those who prescribed lower marks and have to come up above the minimum mark,” he said.
Oloyede further stated that there would be no admissions outside the board’s Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).
According to him, any institution that violates the decisions as agreed at the policy meeting would be sanctioned.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU