The Federal Government of Nigeria has directed the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and tertiary institutions, to proceed with the conduct of admissions for the 2020/2021 session.
This was disclosed in the remarks stated by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, at the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria in Abuja, on Tuesday.
Although, Adamu, represented by the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, urged JAMB and tertiary institutions to consider candidates with last year’s Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) and other qualifying results.
“JAMB and tertiary institutions could take advantage of the current situation and consider candidates with previous years Senior School Certificate Examination and other qualifying results to proceed on with the admission process.
“Whatever arrangement that the country comes up within the long-run will surely accommodate those who will be taking the examination when the opportunity to do so is worked out,” he said.
Tuition.NG reported that JAMB releases cut-off mark for 2020 admissions for Universities and 120 for Polytechnics.
Admission processes are expected to begin in August, based on the guidelines released by JAMB.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Nile University Of Nigeria Releases 2018/2019 Admission Form
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions
- Akwa Ibom State government has announced its plans to shuffle school days for Secondary schools with a population of over 2000 students.
- Lagos government cancels assessment exams for JSS 3 students
- Enugu government to reopen primary and secondary schools on September 28