Comrade Nuhu Ogirima, The National President of Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union, COEASU, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari, has performed awfully in the educational sector.
He disclosed this in a chat with newsmen while assessing Buhari’s five years in office.
COEASU Leader expressed disappointment over Buhari’s failure to live up to the expectations despite several promises.
He particularly lamented the “neglect” of Colleges of Education, stressing that such portends serious implication for the country’s education system.
Ogirima said: “Virtually all the problems he met upon assumption of office five years ago in the area of education have remained unresolved. The assessment report for Colleges of Education is yet to be implemented.
“Other agreements and promises made have not been fulfilled. Matters concerning education have not got the kind of attention they deserve. Education is the bedrock for economic growth; the most important resource for human development. It should be a top priority”.
The COEASU President advised President Buhari to declare a state of emergency in the sector deal with the numerous challenges bedeviling the sector.
This, he noted, has been the call by many Nigerians and stakeholders.
“Declaration of state of emergency in education is simply the way to go if we want to holistically solve the problems militating against the progress of our education sector.
“We must ignore protocols to effectively tackle the enormous challenges confronting Nigeria’s education sector. That is why a state of emergency declaration is very important,” Ogirima added.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For UNILORIN 2019 Sandwich &…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- We Won’t Resume Until The Government Pay Our Full…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
- See how to Apply for 2018 Jigawa State College Of…
- How To Apply For UNILAG 2018/2019 Sandwich Admission
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman