Comrade Nuhu Ogirima, The National President of Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union, COEASU, has said that President Muhammadu Buhari, has performed awfully in the educational sector.
He disclosed this in a chat with newsmen while assessing Buhari’s five years in office.
COEASU Leader expressed disappointment over Buhari’s failure to live up to the expectations despite several promises.
He particularly lamented the “neglect” of Colleges of Education, stressing that such portends serious implication for the country’s education system.
Ogirima said: “Virtually all the problems he met upon assumption of office five years ago in the area of education have remained unresolved. The assessment report for Colleges of Education is yet to be implemented.
“Other agreements and promises made have not been fulfilled. Matters concerning education have not got the kind of attention they deserve. Education is the bedrock for economic growth; the most important resource for human development. It should be a top priority”.
The COEASU President advised President Buhari to declare a state of emergency in the sector deal with the numerous challenges bedeviling the sector.
This, he noted, has been the call by many Nigerians and stakeholders.
“Declaration of state of emergency in education is simply the way to go if we want to holistically solve the problems militating against the progress of our education sector.
“We must ignore protocols to effectively tackle the enormous challenges confronting Nigeria’s education sector. That is why a state of emergency declaration is very important,” Ogirima added.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- How To Apply For LASU 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
- How To Apply For UNILORIN 2019 Sandwich &…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU