Staffs of Bowen University,Iwo,Osun State are not at ease over the termination of appointments of over 100 workers yesterday.
A source at the institution told The Nation that letters of disengagement were sent to the affected workers via email on Tuesday night.
The source said the school claimed that the economic crisis caused by COVID-19 pandemic was the reason for the retrenchment.
One of the affected workers, mentioned that the university sent sack letters to over 100 members of staff on Tuesday night “and this is generating tension on the campus now.”
He said: “Over 100 of us are affected and we may resort to violence because the reason for the sack was not genuine. The Vice Chancellor, Prof Joshua Ogunwole, recently bought a vehicle worth over N42 million despite the economic situation. So you can see that it is caused by wickedness and insensitivity.”
Toba Adaramola University spokesman confirmed that the institution sacked some workers.
“Technology can take care of the duties of most workers that were sacked. So it is a way of sustaining the university so that it can maintain its status. There is no protest in the school,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Check Bowen University 2019/2020…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman