The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has declared that any appointment and promotions carried out under the Integrated Payment and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is illegal.
Tuition gathered that the union has been on strike since March 2020.
ASUU declared the strike due to the inability of the government to fulfill agreement reached with the Union in relation to revatilisation funding of varsities, earned academic allowances, visitation panel to public school, proliferation of universities and their governance and conclusion of renegotiation of 2009 FGN-ASUU agreement.
ASUU President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, in a strike bulletin made available to Tuition.NG on Monday, maintained that the union will insist on reversal of appointments and promotions during the strike for failing to meet established norms and procedures for doing so.
Professor Biodun Ogunyemi also lashed out at some Vice-Chancellors who are promising online delivery they cannot defend.
He also stated that appointment through the Illegal IPPIS by some Vice-chancellors will be reversed.
ASUU also asked members not to fill any form or document sent to them through their Vice-Chancellors alleging that some University Vice Chancellors were working National Universities Commission (NUC) for ‘fake’ data collection.
Akinwole stated that the Union was working to ensure that lecturers who are yet to receive their salaries for four months get paid while also working tirelessly at getting new salaries and welfare packages commensurate with global standards for her members.
“It is against the ongoing struggle for any member to participate in any appointment during the time because it will fail all standard procedures.
“How many institutions can boast of functional institutional mail? How many of the institutions have functional Internet service? Some of them are behind the problems facing universities with corrupt behaviours.
“ASUU wrote petitions to anti-corruption agencies on these VCs but got no results, which makes us to believe they are working with the ruling class to destroy common patrimony. Employing under IPPIS while on strike is also an illegality.
“They will insist on the reversal of such appointments. We shall pursue our desire to get the best of University for our Children as well as a best welfare system for our members.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government gives update on reopening of schools
- Governor Ortom gives condition for reopening of schools
- Don’t send your ward back to school if you are not okay with it – Federal Government advises parents
- NUC to collaborate with Nigerian scientists abroad on biomedical research
- Appointment, promotion carried under IPPIS is illegal – ASUU