The Osun State House of Assembly has directed the Management of Osun State University (UNIOSUN) to extend the deadline for payment of tuition.
This was made public in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker, Mr. Kunle Alabi, noted that the intervention became necessary to save students of the university who almost lost their admission for not meeting the deadline.
Rt. Hon Timothy Owoeye, the Speaker said students’ plight made the parliamentarians meet with the leadership of the institution for the extension.
“The Assembly decided to wade into the complaints of the affected students having realised the hardship that the lockdown might have caused parents and guardians in paying school fees at the stipulated time.
“The assembly had received the “Save our Soul” message through its newly set up Public complaint resolution mechanism in line with the legislative agenda of the assembly,” he said.
He added that the seventh Assembly under his watch will not shy away from engaging the citizenry, saying the House will be there to attend promptly to discontent and requests of the people they represent.
“I also want to thank and commend the leadership of UNIOSUN for being considerate and compassionate on this issue.
“We are all aware of what the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown have caused parents and guardians. This hardship is not limited to the economy of Osun but that of the world,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…