The Osun State House of Assembly has directed the Management of Osun State University (UNIOSUN) to extend the deadline for payment of tuition.
This was made public in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Speaker, Mr. Kunle Alabi, noted that the intervention became necessary to save students of the university who almost lost their admission for not meeting the deadline.
Rt. Hon Timothy Owoeye, the Speaker said students’ plight made the parliamentarians meet with the leadership of the institution for the extension.
“The Assembly decided to wade into the complaints of the affected students having realised the hardship that the lockdown might have caused parents and guardians in paying school fees at the stipulated time.
“The assembly had received the “Save our Soul” message through its newly set up Public complaint resolution mechanism in line with the legislative agenda of the assembly,” he said.
He added that the seventh Assembly under his watch will not shy away from engaging the citizenry, saying the House will be there to attend promptly to discontent and requests of the people they represent.
“I also want to thank and commend the leadership of UNIOSUN for being considerate and compassionate on this issue.
“We are all aware of what the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown have caused parents and guardians. This hardship is not limited to the economy of Osun but that of the world,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Osun House OF Assembly passes College of Health…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- LAUTECH Might be Going On A Fresh Strike As ASUU…
- NYSC; Benue State University & University of…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman