The Aliyu Magatakarda Foundation is set to sponsor the first private university in Sokoto.
The proposed university, according to a statement by Bashir Rabe Mani, Special Assistant Media and Publicity to Senator Aliyu Wamakko, is expected to take off as soon as the National Universities Commission (NUC) gives consent.
The statement said relevant documents for the institution had been submitted to the NUC by Wammako, who represents Sokoto North Senatorial District in the Senate.
Prof. Abubakar Rasheed NUC Executive Secretary received the documents in Abuja.
The documents included evidence of payment of the processing fees, academic briefs, master plan, environmental impact assessment, subsoil investigations report and the draft university law.
Senator Wamakko was at the NUC with the Foundation’s Secretary/Legal Adviser (Planning & Implementation Committee), Bello Mohammed Goronyo and an Adviser, Malam Nasir Isa Wasagu.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Check Bowen University 2019/2020…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman