The Aliyu Magatakarda Foundation is set to sponsor the first private university in Sokoto.
The proposed university, according to a statement by Bashir Rabe Mani, Special Assistant Media and Publicity to Senator Aliyu Wamakko, is expected to take off as soon as the National Universities Commission (NUC) gives consent.
The statement said relevant documents for the institution had been submitted to the NUC by Wammako, who represents Sokoto North Senatorial District in the Senate.
Prof. Abubakar Rasheed NUC Executive Secretary received the documents in Abuja.
The documents included evidence of payment of the processing fees, academic briefs, master plan, environmental impact assessment, subsoil investigations report and the draft university law.
Senator Wamakko was at the NUC with the Foundation’s Secretary/Legal Adviser (Planning & Implementation Committee), Bello Mohammed Goronyo and an Adviser, Malam Nasir Isa Wasagu.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For LASU 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government issues directive to Ministry of Education over re-opening of schools
- Buhari Neglected Colleges of Education– COEASU president.
- Federal Government to place labour laws on striking ASUU members
- IPPIS: ASUU plunged FG into debt, says Minister
- School reopening: Federal Government seeks cooperation of private owners