The Aliyu Magatakarda Foundation is set to sponsor the first private university in Sokoto.
The proposed university, according to a statement by Bashir Rabe Mani, Special Assistant Media and Publicity to Senator Aliyu Wamakko, is expected to take off as soon as the National Universities Commission (NUC) gives consent.
The statement said relevant documents for the institution had been submitted to the NUC by Wammako, who represents Sokoto North Senatorial District in the Senate.
Prof. Abubakar Rasheed NUC Executive Secretary received the documents in Abuja.
The documents included evidence of payment of the processing fees, academic briefs, master plan, environmental impact assessment, subsoil investigations report and the draft university law.
Senator Wamakko was at the NUC with the Foundation’s Secretary/Legal Adviser (Planning & Implementation Committee), Bello Mohammed Goronyo and an Adviser, Malam Nasir Isa Wasagu.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Afe Babalola University Releases 2018/2019…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions
- Akwa Ibom State government has announced its plans to shuffle school days for Secondary schools with a population of over 2000 students.
- Lagos government cancels assessment exams for JSS 3 students
- Enugu government to reopen primary and secondary schools on September 28