The Lagos State government has setup its digital platforms for teacher training and set up a team of technology professionals to support the process.
The Chairman, Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM), Mrs. Olabisi Ariyo, Speaking during an orientation on the digital training programme for Grades 08-13 teachers held virtually on the Microsoft Teams platform, said that the training was part of efforts by the Commission to transform the post – primary teaching service into a Digital – Smart Workforce.
“Since it is generally accepted that no educational system can rise above the standard of its teachers, the Commission is totally committed to addressing the digital inadequacies of our teachers who are critical to the realisation of this administration’s THEMES Agenda”, she said.
The chairman thanked Microsoft for supporting the training through ATB Techsoft Solutions Limited, to upgrade the teachers’ skills in line with current realities.
Mr. Akin Banuso Microsoft Manger Nigeria On his part, the Country Manager, urged the teachers to be committed to the training.
“We are here to support you. I want to encourage you to participate fully in the Programme. The journey and the experiences are all for you. Please, take them seriously,” he said.
Also speaking at the virtual event was Mr Abiodun Atobatele CEO, ATB Techsoft Solutions Limited, praised the Lagos State Government for pioneering the training and considering every teacher as ambassadors of the state.
He advised the teachers to follow up on the training through the firm’s social media channels on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
“We have opened several channels for you to follow and be abreast of the training. Send your details and you will be allocated a group in our different channels through your activity application and you must take time to read through the guidelines”.
In her remarks, the Permanent Secretary, TESCOM, Mrs. Toyin Awoseyi, advised the teachers to take the programme seriously because Covid-19 pandemic has initiated a “new normal” in the sector that required skills upgrade.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Artificial Intelligence, The Next Giant Leap In Education
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman