The Lagos State government has setup its digital platforms for teacher training and set up a team of technology professionals to support the process.
The Chairman, Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM), Mrs. Olabisi Ariyo, Speaking during an orientation on the digital training programme for Grades 08-13 teachers held virtually on the Microsoft Teams platform, said that the training was part of efforts by the Commission to transform the post – primary teaching service into a Digital – Smart Workforce.
“Since it is generally accepted that no educational system can rise above the standard of its teachers, the Commission is totally committed to addressing the digital inadequacies of our teachers who are critical to the realisation of this administration’s THEMES Agenda”, she said.
The chairman thanked Microsoft for supporting the training through ATB Techsoft Solutions Limited, to upgrade the teachers’ skills in line with current realities.
Mr. Akin Banuso Microsoft Manger Nigeria On his part, the Country Manager, urged the teachers to be committed to the training.
“We are here to support you. I want to encourage you to participate fully in the Programme. The journey and the experiences are all for you. Please, take them seriously,” he said.
Also speaking at the virtual event was Mr Abiodun Atobatele CEO, ATB Techsoft Solutions Limited, praised the Lagos State Government for pioneering the training and considering every teacher as ambassadors of the state.
He advised the teachers to follow up on the training through the firm’s social media channels on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
“We have opened several channels for you to follow and be abreast of the training. Send your details and you will be allocated a group in our different channels through your activity application and you must take time to read through the guidelines”.
In her remarks, the Permanent Secretary, TESCOM, Mrs. Toyin Awoseyi, advised the teachers to take the programme seriously because Covid-19 pandemic has initiated a “new normal” in the sector that required skills upgrade.
Related School Updates:
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- Niger State Corps Members Complain Of Poor Living…
- WAEC Releases 2019 May/June Senior School…
- See How NYSC Plans To Make The 2018 Batch B…
- Lagos State is installing Free WiFi at Public…
- NASU UNILORIN chapter distributes N8m to retired members
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman