The Kebbi State Government says it has received 83 additional Almajiri (Qu’anic education pupils) repatriated from Kano State.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by Malam Yahaya Sarki, the Special Adviser to Gov. Atiku Bagudu on Media, in Birnin Kebbi on Tuesday.
Sarki said “The children hail from seven local government areas of Birnin Kebbi, Kalgo, Dandi, Argungu, Maiyama, Jega and Yauri, while one of them was a citizen of neighbouring Niger Republic.
“All the children were handed over to the Chairmen of their respective local governments, while the child from Niger Republic would be taken back to his country through the protocols laid down by the Federal Government,” the statement said.
“We laud the Kano State Government for earlier testing and isolating the children at the Isolation Centre in Kano.
“I am happy all the children had been declared coronavirus disease-free, as they had tested negative to it.
“They were, therefore, ready to be reunited with their families as well as the general society.
“Our topmost priority now is the continuation of both their Qur’anic and Western education, but with their own biological parents.
“We pledge the state government’s commitment to fully protect all the fundamental human rights of the children,” the statement quoted the commissioner as saying.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021