The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has placed an order for equipment a like ventilators, environmental disinfectant safety sprayers and vehicle-mounted disinfectant sprayers to sanitise its workers nationwide daily.
The equipment are produced by the National Agency for Science Engineering Infrastructure (NASENI).
The examination board said its entire staffs at its headquarters and branches would be sanitised before and after closing on a daily basis during the phased reopening of the lockdown.
In its weekly bulletin on Sunday, the board said that the decision was taken on Friday when JAMB Registrar, Prof Is-haq Oloyede, met with the NASENI management led by its Executive Vice Chairman, Prof Mohammad Haruna, at JAMB’s headquarters in Bwari, Abuja.
It said: “The products included ventilators, environmental disinfectant safety sprayers and vehicle-mounted disinfectant sprayers which could be mounted on both trucks and Hilux vans.
“All these pieces of equipment were locally designed and produced by NASENI engineers.
“The registrar urged them to review the cost of their products downward so as to ensure wider patronage.
“NASENI disinfectant safety sprayers have come handy even as we look forward to consolidating on our partnership with you and other similar organisations towards deploying more locally-produced equipment.
“The entire workers at the board’s headquarters and outstations will be sanitised before and after closing on a daily basis during the phased reopening.
“The board will not take chances with the safety of staff as we comply with the directive on the gradual easing of the lockdown.”
The NASENI executive vice chairman promised the registrar that the equipment would be supplied to the board and would meet the specifications agreed upon.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
- Fed Poly Ilaro Announces Admission Details For…
Recent Forum Topics
Latest School News
- Federal Government issues directive to Ministry of Education over re-opening of schools
- Buhari Neglected Colleges of Education– COEASU president.
- Federal Government to place labour laws on striking ASUU members
- IPPIS: ASUU plunged FG into debt, says Minister
- School reopening: Federal Government seeks cooperation of private owners