The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) released the malpractice list for the 2020 United Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). Imo State leads 31 states on the malpractice list with 27 candidates.
Dr Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Public Relations Officer mentioned that some of the 195 candidates on the list had already been arraigned for offences like examination by proxy, double registration, attempt to cheat, connivance to cheat, unruly behaviour, and smuggling of electronic device into examination hall. He however noted that the COVID-19 pandemic halted the process.
“Some of them have been arraigned and others were waiting to be arraigned before the COVID-19 lockdown,” he said.
Coming second on the list was Anambra with 16 candidates, while Enugu, Kaduna, and Kano had 15 perpetrators each.
At the bottom of the list with the fewest offenders were Adamawa, Sokoto, Gombe and Yobe which had only one each. The FCT recorded three offenders while Lagos had nine.
The five states not on the list were: Kebbi, Niger, Taraba, Bayelsa and Zamfara.
A total of 1,945,983 million candidates sat for the examination in March, with the Board noting that examination malpractices declined this year.
Also, of nine CBT centres de-listed by JAMB during the 2020 UTME, only one, MS World ICT Institute of Information Technology, Kano, was delisted for “connivance with candidates to cheat”. Others were delisted for technical deficiency.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- How To Apply For LASU 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman