Prof. Ayobami Salami, the Vice Chancellor of the Technical University, Ibadan has said the institution is on the brink of producing ventilators to support the Oyo State government in its fight against the coronavirus in the state.
The Vice Chancellor made this known while presenting renewable face masks produced by the institution as support to the government in the prevention of COVID-19 spread, to government officials at the Ministry of Health, Secretariat, Ibadan.
He stated that the institution came up with the mass production and donation of face masks to the state government due to its scarcity across the globe and economic challenge attached to the disposable ones.
Prof. Ayobami affirmed that the ongoing pandemic in the country deserves relevant contributions from stakeholders to contain the spread of the disease.
He said: “The role of the university is to be relevant to the society. We decided to look at areas we can be of help in supporting the efforts of the government in this pandemic. The issue has become a major challenge not only in Oyo State, nationally but globally. How many Nigerians can afford to spend two to three hundred naira per day on a face mask?
“We decided to look at how we can resolve this challenge and challenged our technical vocational and entrepreneurship training unit to begin to produce the useable and washable face mask. We are already doing this and we want to start by making some donations to the government and make available to the public to place order.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- How To Apply For Bowen University 2018/2019…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions
- Akwa Ibom State government has announced its plans to shuffle school days for Secondary schools with a population of over 2000 students.
- Lagos government cancels assessment exams for JSS 3 students
- Enugu government to reopen primary and secondary schools on September 28