The Management of Bayero University Kano, which established BUK Emergency Ventilator Team has developed a prototype ventilator machine in its efforts at fighting the Corona Virus.
The locally made ventilator has the capacity of operating in two modes.
According to Prof. Ibrahim Abdullah, chairman of BUK Emergency Ventilator Team, the idea behind the production was for the university to give back to the society in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic
He added: “Due to the present COVID-19 pandemic, the University saw the need to contribute to the fight against the deadly pandemic. We came up with this idea.
“The ventilator operates in two modes. In mode one, the ventilator breezes for the patients. In mode two, the ventilator complements the breezing for the patients.”
He added the ventilator also has a controller that regulates breezing according to the patient’s requirement.
“It has ranges for the clinician to tune a particular breezing frequency to support the life of the patient,” he added.
Abdullahi further stated: “We produced one unit of the ventilator at the cost of N500, 000. We used locally available material and locally available technology.”
He said BUK is making plans for mass and commercial production of the ventilator, adding “in the next step, we will produce and test for animals. What we have now is the prototype.
“We are making plans to engage companies so that we can go into mass production. For now, as a university, we produce in batches. We shall soon partner with companies for commercial production.”
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- World Bank Gives LASU Amongst others 7million…
Recent Forum Topics
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
- DELSU Cut off Mark and Departmental Cut off Point for 2020/2021 session.
- AAUA DEPARTMENTAL CUT-OFF MARKS FOR 2020/2021
Latest School News
- Ekiti State SUBEB Chairman threatens under performing contractors on UBEC projects
- Too many unions killing Nigerian varsities – VC, Federal University, Oye
- Environment still unsafe to reopen schools – Imo State government
- Kogi government announces changes of schools’ examination dates
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021 Admissions