The Nura Manu foundation, a charity organisation in Bauchi set up by philanthropist, Alh. Nura Manu Soro has given N17, 933, 449 million scholarship fund to 4, 000 students studying in 54 institutions across the nation.
The beneficiaries, who are students of the catchment area were selected from islamiyya schools, primary schools, secondary schools, higher islamic schools and tertiary institutions.
Malam Mukhtar Jarmajo, a Member of the executive committee of the foundation who disclosed this to newsmen in Bauchi, the state capital, said the students applied for the scholarship and successfully passed the screening exercise.
According to him, the scholarship, which is purely for tuition fees, is meant for students that secured admissions into the institutions but cannot pay registration fees and those who are already in schools.
“Both applications, selections and verification are being carried out through a local committee.
“At the tertiary level, it includes students, religious leaders and a representative from students affairs office. While at the basic education level it made up of headmaster, PTA chairman and the child parent”.
“Further verification are carried out at the foundation secretariat. The foundation makes payments directly to schools accounts and not individuals,” he said.
Related School Updates:
- See UNN 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- See University Of Port-Harcourt 2018 Postgraduate…
- AAU 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Application Details
- See UNIUYO 2018/2019 Postgraduate Admission Details
- Ondo State University OF Science & Technology…
- Apply for Southwestern University, Nigeria 2020/2021…
- How To Apply For UNICAL 2019/2020 Postgraduate…
- Kogi State Polytechnic 2018/2019 HND & Pre-ND…
Recent Forum Topics
- INSIDE LIFE: Diary Of A Student pt 1.
- SUGAR MUMMY/SUGAR DADDY/GAY AND LESBIAN CONNECTION SERVICES (08107906879)
- 7 Jobs for Graduates with a Linguistics Degree
- Career Opportunities and Job Prospects for Estate Management in Nigeria.
- UNIJOS Cut-Off Mark 2020: University of Jos (UNIJOS) Cut-off mark for 2020/2021
Latest School News
- ASUU: Universities will soon reopen
- ASUU Strike may be suspended as govt presents new proposal to lecturers
- UNILAG postpones 2020/2021 Post-UTME examination indefinitely
- University of Lagos, Abuja and 10 others selected as TETFund’s Centers of Excellence, receive N1b grants
- How universities can reopen within one week – ASUU Chairman